• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Kellen Beau

We are so excited to announce that our little boy is here. Kellen Beau was born Friday, December 11, at 8:33 pm. He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 1/4 in. in length.

Here is a picture with our doctor and nurse, they were absolutely the best.


For weeks before his birth I had already been dilating and for a couple of days prior I started contracting somewhat regularly, but then after awhile the contractions would go away. On Friday I was determined to do what I could to get him out. In the morning my mom and I ran some errands and luckily I started to have some contractions. No sitting down and resting for me, I didn't want to take chances that they would go away. After lunch Adam took me to see the movie New Moon because I had been wanting to see it and going to the movies was keeping me more active than laying on the couch. The contractions were getting much stronger during the movie, so I went home and started to time them and walk around the house because I was scared they would go away. For about the next two hours I was getting contractions somewhat regularly, but because they weren't exactly regular and weren't that bad I didn't think that I was in labor. Finally, Adam came upstairs and I decided to lay down and have him time the contractions. I laid down because if they weren't true labor contractions then they would most likely go away. When Adam started timing my second contraction I felt a kick (or so I thought), which seemed really weird because I never felt the baby move during a contraction, so I decided to stand up and see if maybe it was my water breaking...it was. Yay, no more guessing if I was going to go into labor! My water broke around 6:15 pm and he was born at 8:33pm.

He looks a lot like Lorelei did when she was born, I'll post a baby picture of Lorelei later to compare.


Lorelei is a great big sister, she loves her little brother very much. She actually wants mommy to hold him and get him when he's crying. She's such a big helper too!

My sister's neighbor, who had her first baby last week, had shared some Irish 'K' names with my sister and my sister shared them with me. I ended up really liking the Irish 'K' names and looked at more in my baby name book and that is what first got me interested in the name Kellen. I gave Adam a long list of names that I liked to choose from, and after he was done rolling on the floor laughing at them, Kellen was the only name he liked, which made me happy because that was the name I wanted. We choose Beau for his middle name because Lorelei's middle name is Belle and Belle and Beau are the feminine and masculine versions of the same french word (beautiful). Kellen means "mighty warrior", and Beau means "handsome".

Lorelei is helping him with tummy time.

I didn't share my due date with anyone because babies rarely come on their due date and therefore I did not want to focus on a date, but rather a time frame. For those of you who care to know my estimated due date was December 18, so I was exactly one week early.


Read More 2 comments | Posted by The Escobedos edit post

2 comments

  1. Heather on December 18, 2009 at 5:28 AM

    He's so handsome! Congrats Escobedos! How fun that our kids are 2 days apart! If we still lied near each other we could have a joint b-day party!

     
  2. Jenni on January 5, 2010 at 4:50 PM

    Congratulations! We are so happy for you all!!!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

The Escobedos

  • About
      Adam and Carrie
      Adam and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio with our eight year old daughter Lorelei, our five year old son Kellen, and our four year old daughter Catarina

  • Friends

    • Bruce & Dawn
    • Darrow & Cori
    • Greg & Jen
    • Kevin & Katie
    • Matt & Heather
    • Michelle & Danny
    • Sam & Carrie

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2014 (1)
      • ►  07/20 - 07/27 (1)
    • ►  2013 (2)
      • ►  10/27 - 11/03 (1)
      • ►  01/13 - 01/20 (1)
    • ►  2012 (5)
      • ►  09/16 - 09/23 (1)
      • ►  08/12 - 08/19 (1)
      • ►  07/22 - 07/29 (1)
      • ►  06/10 - 06/17 (1)
      • ►  01/22 - 01/29 (1)
    • ►  2011 (8)
      • ►  12/04 - 12/11 (1)
      • ►  10/16 - 10/23 (1)
      • ►  10/02 - 10/09 (1)
      • ►  07/31 - 08/07 (1)
      • ►  07/10 - 07/17 (1)
      • ►  06/19 - 06/26 (1)
      • ►  05/29 - 06/05 (1)
      • ►  02/06 - 02/13 (1)
    • ►  2010 (22)
      • ►  12/19 - 12/26 (1)
      • ►  12/12 - 12/19 (1)
      • ►  11/28 - 12/05 (2)
      • ►  09/12 - 09/19 (1)
      • ►  08/29 - 09/05 (1)
      • ►  08/08 - 08/15 (1)
      • ►  08/01 - 08/08 (1)
      • ►  07/18 - 07/25 (1)
      • ►  07/11 - 07/18 (1)
      • ►  06/20 - 06/27 (2)
      • ►  06/13 - 06/20 (1)
      • ►  05/30 - 06/06 (3)
      • ►  05/16 - 05/23 (1)
      • ►  04/04 - 04/11 (1)
      • ►  03/28 - 04/04 (1)
      • ►  02/14 - 02/21 (1)
      • ►  01/31 - 02/07 (1)
      • ►  01/17 - 01/24 (1)
    • ▼  2009 (18)
      • ▼  12/13 - 12/20 (1)
        • Kellen Beau
      • ►  10/18 - 10/25 (3)
      • ►  10/11 - 10/18 (1)
      • ►  08/02 - 08/09 (1)
      • ►  07/26 - 08/02 (1)
      • ►  07/19 - 07/26 (1)
      • ►  06/21 - 06/28 (1)
      • ►  04/26 - 05/03 (1)
      • ►  04/12 - 04/19 (1)
      • ►  03/22 - 03/29 (1)
      • ►  03/08 - 03/15 (2)
      • ►  02/15 - 02/22 (1)
      • ►  02/08 - 02/15 (1)
      • ►  01/25 - 02/01 (1)
      • ►  01/04 - 01/11 (1)
    • ►  2008 (4)
      • ►  11/02 - 11/09 (1)
      • ►  10/19 - 10/26 (3)
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright The Escobedos. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top